Career Navigator - Renton
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
This position is located in our Renton, WA satellite office.
Responsible for the recruitment and arrival coordination of Job Corps students. Identifies and develops Center-beneficial partnerships that lead to student benefit and success. Determines student qualifications, eligibility and suitability for Job Corps enrollment. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field from an accredited school; or Associate’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field from an accredited school and two years’ related experience. Experience may include successful Job Corps enrollment or successful enrollment in other youth development programs. Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
May supervise assigned Internship/Clinical students.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Conducts comprehensive screening procedures to determine applicants’ eligibility and suitability for the Job Corps Program.
- Secures and evaluates applicants’ behavioral, medical and educational records.
- Denies applicant enrollment and refers applicants to other educational resources.
- Conducts thorough assessment activities and career counseling during the admissions process.
- Serves as a liaison to Center staff to facilitate a seamless enrollment process and early student retention.
- Works closely with community agencies, employment services, high schools, trade and technical schools and other agencies to inform prospective applicants about the Job Corps program.
- Acts as a liaison between the Job Corps Center and community agencies. Develops and maintains referral linkages in the community.
- Conducts Center tours, pre-arrival visits and Parent meetings.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Academy Director/Center Duty Officer/Academy Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Loading some great jobs for you...