American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities that harness the idealism and energy of a volunteer labor force to help restore America's public lands. ACE has a national reputation for providing exceptional training and support to enable crews to safely and economically implement technically complex and physically demanding conservation projects for the US Forest Service, BLM, National Park Service, USFWS and numerous state and local land management partners.
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Job Title: ACE Associate Director Member Resources
Exemption Status: Exempt
* Recruitment Strategies * Community Outreach * Housing Management * AmeriCorps Compliance * Corps Member Payroll
* Lead and manage the Member Support Team. * Work closely with the Associate Director of Operations to understand the required number of corps members. * Maintain and improve current recruitment strategies. Develop new strategies to increase the number of applicants to the program.
* Ensure ACE representation at local events that target our core demographic. * Develop strategies to increase ACE's visibility across the Southwest. * Enhance ACE's relationships with local schools, colleges and non-profits to provide further opportunities for current and future corps members.
* Alongside the Member Support team, oversee ACE's housing to ensure that all facilities are kept in a safe and orderly manner.
* Ensure that all AmeriCorps regulations are complied with, including: during the on-boarding process, throughout the term of service, and during exiting and post service. * Lead ACE Southwest's efforts on reporting on the various AmeriCorps grants awarded to the organization.
Corps Member Payroll
* Collect data and submit payroll for corps members to CenOps bi-weekly.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* General knowledge and understanding of AmeriCorps and federal grants * Ability to learn new systems * Ability to perform work under pressure and meet deadlines * Ability to adapt to surrounding work environment and conditions that can change frequently * Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and supervisors * Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions. * Ability to understand and follow ACE systems and processes.
* Must maintain a positive, constructive work environment conducive to team dynamics * Must be flexible and possess a high work ethic * Must maintain timely, effective communication with other staff and corps members. * Must maintain good health, including a drug-free lifestyle * Must possess a valid driver's license * Must submit to a criminal background check prior to hire. Persons convicted of a felony are not eligible for appointment to this classification. This position is a covered position that may entail recurring access to vulnerable populations such as youth and the elderly. Selection for the position is contingent upon a review of all criminal history results.
Drug users, including recreational smokers of marijuana, should not consider applying as ACE reserves the right to require drug tests. Applicants must have a clean driving record and be willing to submit to a background check.
Compensation: Full-Time, Salary, starting at $52,000 annually. Benefit eligible.
Hours: 40 hours/week. Some weekend and evening work will be necessary.
Extremely flexible and dynamic schedule in a casual, yet professional, fast-paced, and non-partisan work environment with a shared outdoor and conservation ethic.
Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Benefits: We offer health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, 401k retirement plan, and designated paid holidays.
To Apply: Navigate to the website: to fill out an application. You must include a detailed resume, an introduction letter expressing how your qualifications and experiences align with the above job description and the mission of the American Conservation Experience, and three professional references. Qualified applicants will be contacted by email to arrange an interview. Applicants must follow all application instructions in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Applications Due by March 25th, 2019. Please note that ACE will schedule interviews and may make a selection as applications are submitted. Please submit your application materials as you prepare them. Apply now!
Check out our website and our Facebook page for more details about ACE!
American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.