Plumber (Enlistment Required)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Army plumbers and pipefitters are responsible for installing and repairing plumbing and pipe systems.
- Maintain heating systems, basic water supply, and water distribution systems.
- Pipe systems for wastewater.
- Basic plumbers repair and maintenance.
- Maintenance for plumbing fixtures, pipes, stacks, brackets, traps, vents and insulation.
- Construction plans and drawings.
Job training for a plumber requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions, including practice with carpentry and masonry tools
- Interest in math and shop mechanics.
- Preference for physical work.
- Ability to work with detailed plans.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Future Civilian Careers:
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in a mechanical or plumbing contracting company.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program:
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation.
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Loading some great jobs for you...