The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the surrounding area of Carlisle Barracks. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at the Splash Zone Pool.
For more information about this position, please see link.
Learn more about this agency
* Serves as the a lead lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager. * Answers questions of other employees on procedures, policies, and directives. Provides leadership, guidance and oversight in program operations. Provides on-the job training to new employees. * Ensures the safe operation of the pool, filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water test. Responsible for pool patrons safety/health in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. * Provides maximum surveillance of pool area and rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required. Ensures that safety/health/admission rules and Aquatic Risk Management policies are followed. * Responsible for teaching aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21, and assists with Shallow Water Egress Training (SWET or `Dunker') if the equipment/program is available. Attends aquatics and/or safety training as directed. * Adheres to the Customer Service standards of the Installation. Keeps accurate records/reports and adequate supplies. * Conducts safety/health rule briefings to groups prior to use of the pool.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
### Conditions of Employment
* Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required * Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position * A one year probationary period may be required * Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check * Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty * Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period * May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements. Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty * Head lifeguards must have good vision (corrected vision if necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies, incidents and rule breaking * Successfully complete a physical health screening * Satisfactory completion of a Child and Youth National Agency Check and Inquiries (CNACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position * All required certifications must be kept current, and an annual health screening will be required throughout employment. All local background checks will be re-verified every 5 years
1.**Possesses and maintains the following certifications**: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross \"Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AEDand First Aid); For Water Parks upgrade the certification to: (Waterpark Lifeguarding and First Aid; CPR/PR/AED) (American Red Cross) 2.Maintains certifications current by recertifying with the American Red Cross Lifeguarding and 1st Aid, CPR/PR/AED program before the certifications expiration date. 3.**Possesses one or more Instructor rating (see below):**American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor(LGTI) authorization; or American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor(WSI) authorization; or Aquatic Exercise Association Instructor authorization(AEA); or Adapted Aquatic Instructor authorization.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
* **Manual Application:** If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than **11:59 AM** on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating. * Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date. * Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest. * Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: Applicant Information Kit.pdf * Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur. * **NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.** * **NOTE (2): No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designated as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.**
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
* NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military * NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) * NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action * NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF) * NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE) * NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV) * NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents must be submitted with your application:**
**Optional:** Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
***The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:***
* Cover Letter * DD-214 * DA Form 3434, DA Form 3433, PCS Orders for Military Spouses and Marriage License, BBA Letter, Transition Assistance Card for Involuntarily Separated Military * Resume * SF-50 * Transcript
Review our benefits
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1. **Electronically** (preferred) at and search for Vacancy Identification Number 10430386(VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement. 2. **Manually**: Please refer to the \"Additional Information\" section of this announcement for instructions.
### Agency contact information
### Tyler Hall
717 ### ####
DQ-NAF-W6CMAA US ARMY GARRISON CARLISLE BARRACKS DO NOT MAIL Carlisle Barracks, PA 17013 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability * Social security number request * Privacy Act * Signature and false statements * Selective Service * New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525014200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.