We are hiring enthusiastic and mature leaders. Are you looking for terrific life experiences?
As a Manitou staff member, we'll ask you to provide an exceptional experience to our campers, and we'll pledge to give you a community where you are valued and your contributions matter. We achieve success because we believe in our values and our community.
Will you build your skills this summer?
Responsibilities: You are the primary caregiver for each camper. The Counselor is responsible for planning, instructing, coordinating, and carrying out activities and guiding each child's personal growth and daily living skills. We value staff who aspire to lead children.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- You will assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their living unit, within sports, and throughout the camp to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- We will train you to apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement, and empowerment of youth.
- The care and safety of the child is our top priority. You will assure campers are appropriately supervised at all times. Our training helps you to be aware of and implement safety guidelines.
- Participate in the development and implementation of programs. Be responsible for leading and assisting with the instructing of activities you love and actively participate in all program areas as assigned.
- Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health needs.
- Be a role model to others in your attitude and behavior. You will make friends from around the world. Relationships formed at Manitou last a lifetime.
- Set a good example for campers and others regarding general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: camp, day camp, evangelism, fws, instructor, music, neighborhood, science, summer, vacation