- Campus Compact
- $81,520.00 -153,480.00/year*
215 Glenbrook Rd
Position: Semester Long Programs (Program Coordinator), UCP 5
Location: Storrs Campus
Under the direction of the Associate Director for Community Outreach, the Program Coordinator will provide support and supervise the student leaders in the Semester Long Programs area related to youth development and education. These programs occur weekly during the academic year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates community services programs in the Semester Long Programs area.
2. Advises and assists student leaders in planning and managing policies, programs and general operations, in accordance with University policies and procedures, and state statues.
3. Supervises student leaders in Community Outreach, in particular, the student leaders in the Semester Long Programs
4. Identifies goals and resources necessary to promote the effectiveness of the Semester Long Programs.
5. Manages financial expenditures for Semester Long Programs.
6. Provides support or advice to student organizations if needed.
7. Participates as a Learning Partner in a least one trip.
8. Represents Community Outreach at different events, committees or initiatives.
9. Performs related duties as required.
1. Bachelor's degree in related higher education field.
2. Three to four years of related experience with community service programs.
3. Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues related to coordination and supervision of community service programs.
4. Demonstrated experience supervising undergraduate students.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to build relationships with community and campus partners.
7. Demonstrated experience and ability to work with and support diverse student populations.
1. Experience with youth development and/or education community service programs.
2. Experience working in or with groups designed to advocate groups or constituencies that are marginalized based on identity or life experience.
3. Experience working with organizations that serve communities from a community centered and a social justice perspective.
4. Master's degree in a related field.
5. Experience supervising volunteers.
6. Experience managing budgets.
7. Experience with assessment and/or program evaluation.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit:
Please apply online via UConn Jobs ( Staff Positions, Search #2020029. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2020029).
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on August 7, 2019.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at
Associated topics: camp staff, director, lake, middle school, ride attendant, summer, teen, unit, volunteer, youth
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...