Our Mental Health Coordinator provides clinical and administration supervision and direction to mental health staff and oversight of mental services within the facility. Provides mental health services to inmates in the facility as well as provide mental health consultation to the facility personnel.
+ Master's degree in psychology, social work or behavioral science field
+ Need experience in the coordination and administration of mental health service delivery systems
+ Need coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of management/supervision techniques, mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of major mental disorders and/or psychological evaluation techniques
+ Licensed to practice psychology, social work, or couseling in the State by the appropriate state licensing board
+ Current CPR Certification
+ Any other Certifications (such as First Aid) required
1. Responsible to plan, supervise, coordinate and manage the clinical services provided by mental health staff at the institutional level as designated by the Regional MH Director or the VP of Behavioral Services. In facilities with a Clinical Supervisor, clinical supervision will be under the direction of that position
2. Responsible to assign specific duties and clinical responsibilities to mental health staff in accordance with their position descriptions, education and professional experience and to notify Regional MH Director, VP of Behavioral Services and H.S.A. of staff's inability to perform such duties and responsibilities in a competent, ethical and professional manner
3. Represent interests of mental health services with the institution's administrative staff under the direction of Regional MH Director or VP of Behavioral Services and to facilitate cooperation in the delivery of mental health services
4. Maintain the confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with CCS policy, the facility policy, the standards of the American Psychological Association or National Association of Social Workers, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and the American Correctional Association (ACA) if the last two accrediting body standards are applicable to the site
5. Allocate staff resources in mental health services to insure that institutional needs for clinical and consultative services are met in a timely, professional manner
6. Supervise and monitor mental health services' staff to ensure compliance with the health care policies and procedures, the policies and regulations of the facility; the responsibilities/duties of their specific position descriptions and the employee policies and procedures of the facility
7. Provide staff disciplinary counseling and performance evaluations including applicable documentation in a timely, professional manner under the direction of the H.S.A.
8. Provide in-service opportunities to mental health services staff to ensure compliance with CCS in-service requirements. Maintain documentation regarding material provided and staff attendance
9. Provide documentation of clinical services to the Regional MH Director or VP of Behavioral Services as requested
10. Assist the Regional MH Director or VP of Behavioral Services and H.S.A. in the development/refinement of policies and procedures to ensure that these meet not only recognized standards, but also the institution's General Orders
11. Supervise clerical support staff to ensure inmates' clinical documentation and department files are maintained appropriately
12. Aid the H.S.A in staff selection and recruitment
13. Responsible for coordinating with the H.S.A. the ordering of supplies for mental health services staff at the institution and ensuring the inventory is at an appropriate level
14. Provide direct clinical services duties as outlined in a professional relevant position description, depending on education, as needed to meet institutional mental health requirements
15. Depending on contract requirements, development of a system that provides an on-call mental health consultation services for institution staff who are dealing with inmates who require assistance with immediate crisis intervention. Responsible for providing clinical consultation to staff, providing crisis intervention and for informing the Regional MH Director or VP of Behavioral Services of serious incidents involving crisis intervention
16. On-site coordination of psychiatric services by provision of administrative support and patient monitoring
17. Notify the Regional MH Director or VP of Behavioral Services and H.S.A. in a timely manner the clinical or administrative concerns which may have a significant impact on an individual inmate or on the mental health services program
18. Keep compliance with employee standards of the facility: this includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships, and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from institution
19. Responsible to assure provision of clinical evaluations as requested by the facility administrative staff, Parole Board, or other appropriate agencies. Evaluations are to be completed in a timely, professional manner and include the administration and interpretation of psychological assessment techniques when appropriate and within the scope of staff member's education and professional experience
20. Responsible for the provision of documentation as requested, to include Quality Improvement information, to the Regional or Home Office in a timely manner.
21. Responsible for the development and implementation of corrective steps necessary to ensure the provision of the quality mental health care
22. May be required to arrange and/or participate in a system of 24-hour crisis intervention services. Immediately notify the CCS Supervisor of any instances of suicide attempts, completed suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Review any inadequacies with crisis intervention services and implement corrective steps as needed.
23. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
24. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
25. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
26. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
27. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
28. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
29. Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
? Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
? Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
? Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email