Case Manager (Oakland Gardens)
Compensation: $55,905.00 - $83,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Social Services/Counseling
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Family Covenant Scattered Site Case Manager will provide services to 10 young adult parents aged 18-24 years and their children residing in scattered site permanent supportive housing located throughout New York City. Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Case Manager is an energetic, creative, and diligent member of a team that includes additional case managers, a housing specialist, and other supportive staff and services located in the Bronx.
Family Covenant Scattered Site Supportive housing program is funded by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) and Human Resources Administration (HRA). The Case Manager will provide comprehensive case management services in their office, in the community and within client's apartment including: creation of an individual service plan including post-program goals, coordination and referrals of services, individual counseling, and advocacy. The Case Manager will also work closely with the Housing Specialist to ensure young adult parents are paying rent and addressing any related housing or arrears issues.
The Case Manager will be trained in the evidence based model Safe-Care which will be delivered to families during homevisits. Case manager will obtain and maintain a certification in Safe Care curriculum & administration and will receive coaching around the delivery of the model. This model focuses on assisting parents in improving parenting skills, home safety and health education for their child/children.
The Case Manager will contribute to a program culture that is person-centered, holistic, focused on positive youth development, and committed to continuous improvement. They will work in a disciplinary team perspective to achieve family & program goals.
Flexibility, a willingness to be available by email or phone in off-hours, and excellent communication and problem-solving abilities are critical to successfully fulfilling the requirements of this position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Case Management
- Provides integrated counseling and case management services that effectively engage young adults and their children and promote personal growth and wellness, housing stability and accomplishment of service plan goals on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with youth to assess strengths and challenges and develop an individual service plan that reflects the progress and stated goals of the youth and their children.
- Meets with youth regularly in the office and in the community, including in the youth apartment to determine progress with goals.
- Delivers the Safe-Care model during weekly home visits. Utilizes Motivational Interviewing with clients to assist with motivation towards goals.
- Refers to and advocates on behalf of youth with, outside service providers and other collateral services.
- Creates and maintains confidential records, charts and logs for youth and their children documenting all relevant information from individual and group interventions as well as with collateral services.
- Ensures that youths' files are compliant with all regulatory and other requirements.
- Utilize Efforts to Outcomes electronic case management systems for all cases information.
- De-escalates crises; attends to emergencies following agency protocol, as needed.
- Assists with property management issues in reporting to landlords and ensuring work orders are complete.
- Available after-hours as needed for emergencies and/or case coverage.
- Ability to address sensitive issues with families according to service plan implementation.
- Ability to provide teaching assistance to families on a practical level in life skill areas.
- Flexibility to travel/commute to make homevisits and work a late shift as needed.
- Team Participation
- Works as a collaborative team member ensuring all young adults and their children have access to high quality services and are living in a safe setting.
- Participates in and facilitates regular case conferences. Ensures team members are fully apprised of important information regarding youth as needed.
- Participates in staff team meetings and trainings, individual supervision meetings, and meetings with youth.
- Assists with audit preparation and dry and live audits of the program.
- Professional Development and Embracing CHNY's Mission
- Participates in all required trainings, either in-person or via CHNY's online Learning Management System (Relias).
- Actively participates in the training and implementation of evidence-based and other proven models.
- Embraces a data-driven culture that is outcomes-oriented and creatively responsive to programmatic challenges.
- Promotes a healthy, inclusive and equitable organizational culture and a thriving, engaged staff.
- Promotes child protection within the program and is diligent about the safety of clients and fellow staff members.
- Always upholds CHNY's mission, vision and principles, standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a relevant field.
- One (1) year experience in a residential or scattered site setting working with adolescents/young adults preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working directly with young people through approaches that emphasize resiliency, strength based youth development, and trauma informed care required.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once required.
- Excellent verbal, written and problem-solving abilities and an upbeat demeanor required.
- A strong focus on child protection and ensuring the safety of clients required.
- Experience working with diverse groups required.
- Overall flexibility in work schedule required, including weekends, evenings and holidays if needed.
- Experience utilizing evidence-based and other social service models strongly preferred.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Dedicated to the mission of Covenant House
- Bilingual Spanish (Preferred)
Associated topics: case management, development manager, liaison, office manager, plan, project, program development, program management, project development, resource development
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...