Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Purpose of Position: To provide residential clients physical and supportive services in a positive and nurturing manner using an integrated multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Responsible for assessing youth needs once intake to the program and ensures the completion of youth assessment within 72 hours.
- Responsible to ensure that clients' have sufficient and proper ID (Birth Certificate, School Identification, State ID, and Social Security Card).
- Provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of clients' holistic plan.
- Assist client with developing goals, which must be documented along with other pertinent information in ETO System. Responsible for ensuring all interactions, development, and concerns must be documented in ETO.
- Must meet with youth twice a week to determine progress with established goal (educational/vocational, employment, housing, etc).
- Ensure that clients plan is executed within 30 days shelter limit.
- Responsible for communication to Social Worker if client is in need of an extension.
- Other duties as assigned by Social Worker.
- BA or BS Degree
- At least two (2) to three (3) years experience in the field of Social Services.
- At least two (2) years of work with homeless youth preferred.
- Knowledge of homeless youth issues and service provision.
- Knowledge of Covenant House services.
- Knowledge of basic research, evaluation, and data management methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
"Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Covenant House New York, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law."Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Loading some great jobs for you...