Compensation: $90,055.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the primary role of the Advantage Program Coordinator is to oversee the Advantage After School Program. This program is a grant-funded though OCFS and is run out of Wyandanch High School. The coordinator will ensure that all assigned youth programs are meeting the program outcomes and performance targets. This includes developing and maintaining partnerships with school districts and other agencies, implementing programs and curriculums to meet the needs of the youth served and overseeing specific grant-funded programs. In order to accomplish this, the Advantage Program Coordinator leads a team of Consultants in conjunction with the districts and other agencies to develop programs to meet the needs of the targeted youth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Afterschool Program Planning and Development
- Oversee all assigned after school programs.
- Assist with recruiting students to participate in the programs.
- Provide programming for various grades including recreation, community service, character building and workshops.
- Plan and chaperone applicable field trips and special events.
- Follow all requirements within the awarded grant.
- Submit all required reporting to the overseeing state agency.
- Maintain contract compliance with grant-funded programs.
- Review and submit consultant invoices, agreements, W-9?s, face sheets and any other required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory of needed supplies and materials and submit orders when necessary.
- Attend all required meetings.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist youth with overcoming barriers and challenges to establish and maintain a network of relationships and valued social roles
- Provide positive behavior support to youth as necessary
- Prevent, recognize and report abuse toward youth
- Adhere to the organization?s Code of Ethics and all other agency policies, procedures and best practices.
- Always communicate in a respectful manner with all people including the people we support, supervisors, other valued team members, and members of the community.
- Interview, hire, develop and retain high quality staff
- Supervise, train, evaluate and observe assigned Consultants and other assigned staff.
- Train assigned Program Coordinators and/or Consultants in the appropriate implementation of services, activities, interactions and documentation
- Ensure required documentation is completed accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner by assigned Program Coordinators and Consultants.
- Attend/coordinate committee meetings as required or assigned
- Assist in training and orientation of new staff and/or floating staff
- Create a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction
- Ensure all staff/consultants are fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of their positions. Provide supervision and guidance to all team members working in the program on an ongoing basis. Address performance issues though performance improvement or corrective action measures
- Manage and approve team members? time worked in the program
- Conduct regularly scheduled mini-team meetings and staff meetings in conjunction with the Program Director
- Embrace FREE?s leadership practices: Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act and Encourage the Heart
- Complete all required trainings.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Bilingual Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with individuals diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Valid New York Driver's License and meets the criteria to be an agency driver
Loading some great jobs for you...