- Gandara Mental Health Center
- $50,740.00 -83,260.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
Therapeutic Mentor (Bilingual)
The Therapeutic Mentor (TM) provides youth under the age of 21 in any setting (i.e. home, community etc.), structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs. Services are designed to support age appropriate social functioning or ameliorate deficits in the youth's age-appropriate social functioning. Therapeutic Mentoring services include supporting, coaching, and training the youth in age appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other children and adolescents, as well as adults. The TM creates strategic activities in order to meet a pre-established goal. Progress is documented and reported regularly to the youth's current treatment providers.
- Direct time with youth engaged in activities in the home and community that are designed to address one or more goals on the youth's existing treatment plan, or ICP.
- Provide coaching, supporting, and training in order to ensure the youth's success in navigating various social contexts, learning new skills, and making functional progress.
- Maintains phone and face-to-face consultation with youth on a regular basis (i.e. at least weekly and as often as necessary)
- Collaborate with other necessary individuals the youth and family may have contact with, such as Case Managers, Probation Officers, Judges, District Attorneys, Attorneys, Teachers, Physicians, etc.
- Attend IEP meetings, CPT meetings and any other meeting necessary to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide goal-oriented services.
- Ability to Work well as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, analytical and decisive in problem solving.
- Demonstrated communications and organizational capabilities.
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived experience.
- Submit detailed progress notes that follow federal, state, and agency requirements.
- Provides client with transportation for treatment related activities.
Employee Type: Full Time
- Minimum Experience Required: 1 year
- Degree Required: Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma/GED.
- Lived Experience a Plus
- Driver's License and proper auto insurance required.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Verizon and/or Sprint plans
- Hiring Bonus up to $3,000!
- may vary based on degree*
Please attach your Resume/CV. For additional inquiries, call our office ext 1038.
G ndara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
Boston, United States
Associated topics: creative, dance therapy, experiential, expressive art, expressive therapist, music therapy, rec, recreational therapist, rehabilitation, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...