GDIT has an immediate opening for a Case Specialist, supporting a division within a government agency in Washington, DC. This position is primarily responsible for preparing cases related to children. Duties include:
- Analyzes applications and supporting materials according to qualifying criteria; synthesizes information to make recommendations on children s best interests.
- Provides technical assistance to programs, attorneys, field staff and others.
- Prepares internal memoranda, including best interest recommendations, and supporting documentation for the Director.
- Coordinates between service providers, placement agencies, and States.
- Manages caseload priorities and timeframes.
- Monitors group inbox daily to support case tracking and assignment.
- Manages administrative, tracking, and record management functions.
- Provides data for assessment of placement functions provided by partner agencies.
- Informs the development of internal case processing protocols and training materials.
- Two or more years of experience working with social programs. Experience in child welfare or youth services a plus.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong coordination, collaboration and team-work skills.
- Skilled use of MS Office products, plus experience with spreadsheets and databases.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task