Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
*Careers Begin Here*
If you are looking for a career with a lot of opportunity for growth and development this is it!
Glenmont Job Corps is a federally funded education and training program focusing on employability skills and job placement for young adults, located just outside the beautiful city of Albany in Upstate New York. At Glenmont Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Glenmont is currently seeking a candidate for an Automotive Instructor. The ideal candidate would bring energy and enthusiasm to the overall Center, as well as a desire to be a part of educating and empowering today's youth.
Responsible for providing students with industry recognized instruction and training in the Career Technical Training Center leading to full-time jobs, higher education or advanced training. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of one year experience in teaching or related field required. Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the center is located, or is accredited by a professional trade organization. For NTC, instructor must be certified by union or trade organization, or by a national trade certifying organization. Previous Job Corps experience preferred. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
Monday Friday: 7:45am 4:45pm
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with training leading to Career Technical Training completion and industry recognized certifications. Provides students with comprehensive and individualized case management that ensures student progress, achievement and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Provides quality career technical training that leads to student placement. Provides students with job leads and monitors placement of all graduates.
- Ensures classroom is well organized and conducive to student learning. Holds students accountable for following Center's dress code/behavioral standards of conduct.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee owned company subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
*Glenmont Job Corps is not on a bus line*
Loading some great jobs for you...