Summary: Works one on one with youth by providing Therapeutic Mentoring, and transitional services. Serve as a positive role model for clients to observe and learn socially effective values, attitudes and behaviors. Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the Individualized Action Plan (IAP).
Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a client treatment center or a correctional center.
Essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
* When assigned a new client, coordinate an initial meeting with the Supervisor, the case manager, youth, and self to develop an IAP.
* Interact with all clients in accordance with the IAP and the therapeutic process.
* Maintain therapeutic relationships which do not allow self-disclosure of personal or social information to clients.
* Provide transportation, accompany, and directly supervise clients on outings and activities in the community.
* Exercise appropriate non-physical intervention in accordance with policy to de-escalate problem situations.
* Demonstrate initiative, creativity and flexibility in organizing and conducting recreational activities and outings.
* Maintain high quality documentation of all case work, completed in a timely manner and consistent with outlined program policies.
* Use good interpersonal communication skills to gain client cooperation and resolve client conflicts.
* Develop and maintain relationships with case managers, social workers, and guardians regarding client progress.
* When advised by supervisor, participate in the Treatment Team process by offering reports on client treatment needs, goals and progress, as applicable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver's license, safe automobile, and current and sufficient auto insurance. Tuberculosis test/screening, CPR & First Aid Certification, and behavior management training certification. Must possess own vehicle or reliable transportation in order to meet Transitional specialists work expectations.
Associated topics: art, art therapy, creative, dance, expressive therapist, music, music therapy, rehabilitation, therapy, writing therapy