BACKGROUND:The IRC in New Jersey helps refugees, immigrants, and other community members achieve thriving, self-sufficient lives through a continuum of programs and services including refugee resettlement, immigration, adult education, economic empowerment and youth programs.
SCOPE OF WORK:The Administrative Assistantis responsible for both receptionist services and administrative duties for the IRC in New Jersey office.
- Greet visitors, ascertain their needs, answer basic questions, and direct them to the appropriate staff person or department. Manage flow of visitors during peak periods such as open office hours.
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls. Take messages and answer basic questions.
- Assist with safety and security measures as required.
- Order and maintain stock of needed office supplies. Review inventory and monitor prices.
- Maintain office equipment including copier, fax, printer, scanner and projector in good working order. Arrange for maintenance and repair as needed.
- Maintain donations inventory.
- Responsible for making ID badges and maintaining office photo lists.
- Liaise with building super on maintenance concerns. Monitor ongoing required maintenance.
- Liaise with cleaning company on daily service.
- Serve as first point of contact for IT issues, maintain familiarity with servers, network router, and other system equipment. Monitor telephone system; update voice mail and extensions as needed for new staff, and maintain office phone list.
- Ensure new staff and interns have access to ID cards, swipe cards and office keys.
- Coordinate calendaring and use of shared spaces such as conference rooms and classrooms.
- Receive and distribute mail. Process outgoing mail and deposit in mailbox on daily basis.
- Comply with agency policies and protocol
- Other tasks and projects as directed by Supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Resettlement Director
Position directly supervises: Interns
- High school diploma required; some university education preferred
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to speak a refugee language a plus (e. g. Arabic, French, Spanish, Swahili, Farsi/Dari, Pashto)
- Must be well-organized, reliable, professional, detail oriented and flexible
- Desire to work as a team member and in a multicultural workplace
- US work authorization
Working Environment: Standard Work Environment.