Oversight and development of Family Services programs. Outpatient Family Services, including individual, group and family therapy; Intensive Family Services, including Trauma Systems Therapy; School Based Services, across 50+ schools n Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin Counties; Early Childhood Family Services; EPIC, program for 15-25 year olds experiencing first episode of psychosis; Substance Use services; Juvenile Justice Programs, including Crossroads; Transition-aged Youth Services, including the Road drop-in center; and Launch Program. Position is also responsible for oversight of the W. Colfax office where the position is housed.
* Administrative and budgetary responsibility and oversight of Family Services programs..
* Provides administrative and clinical supervision to Family Services Managers, is ultimately responsible for the staff and interns supervised by Managers and Coordinators..
* Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, identifies system issues within Jefferson Center and the broader community and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
* Promotes the financial sustainability of Family Services Network programs and Jefferson Center through helping with grant applications/reports, obtaining and implementing contracts, promoting community collaboration, and identifying opportunities to develop other sources of revenue.
* Coordinates and follows up with utilization management staff from the RAE.
* Ensures that staff are trained and in compliance with requirements of regulatory agencies such as DBH and HCPF, and follow laws and statutes such as HIPPA, Child Abuse and Duty to Warn reporting.
* Ensures that Family Services staff adhere to Jefferson Center policies and procedures.
* Manages Family Services grant funded positions and programs; tracks compliance with grant requirements, plans and budgets for sustainability beyond the grant term.
* Oversees major contracts pertaining to children and families, such as OEC, SB-97 and DBH contracts; regularly tracks financial status of contract billings and compliance with contract requirements.
* Monitors RAE Performance Indicators such as but not restricted to: Medicaid penetration rate, inpatient admissions and lengths of stay, routine intake, percent of clients utilizing 50% of resources. Provides leadership and assistance to staff in order to help achieve benchmarks.
* Monitors and supports clinical staff to achieve productivity and performance goals (e.g. timeliness of billing/progress notes and other paperwork, consumer service hours, fee collections). Develops and manages to benchmarks for clinical staff (e.g. numbers of clients served, caseloads, productivity).
* Supports clinical staff to achieve excellent quality in clinical service provision as well as individualized work related goals.
* Attends mandatory trainings and meetings at the Center and ensures the same from staff.
* Exhibits leadership, initiative, clear and timely communication, enthusiasm, strong customer service, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
* Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
* Represents the Center on community task forces, committees and projects as needed and agreed on with supervisor. Works cooperatively with other community agencies. Maintains high visibility in the community; maintains and builds upon community networks.
* Site management- coordinates with Nursing Supervisor to ensure high quality nursing services at W. Colfax office.
* Be available by cell phone during working hours.
* Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces.
* Attends Management meetings, including MHO, Senior Management, IOG and other meetings as agreed to with supervisor.
* Presentations in the community and within Jefferson Center regarding Family Services Network programs and mental health issues.
* Promotes provision of family and group treatment in Family Services programs.
* Backs up other managers and coordinators through provision of supervision and oversight during vacations or at other times when coverage is needed.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Doctorate or Master's degree and license in mental health or related field, and at least three years of mental health treatment experience and in a management role. Experience working with children and adolescents with mental illness and their families. Experience in mental health evaluation, crisis intervention and treatment. Sound clinical knowledge pertaining to this population. Ability to provide, and preferably experience in clinical and administrative supervision of staff. Knowledge of effective treatment modalities for children and families including: family treatment, resiliency and strengths based practice, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral and other evidence-based models. Commitment to ongoing knowledge acquisition of best practices.
Creativity and ability to identify opportunities for development that benefit Jefferson Center and its consumers; initiative to implement system change and new program development both within the Family Services Network and across the Center. Excellent communication skills. Strong leadership skills. Good organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects effectively. Computer skills such as proficiency utilizing e-mail word processing, and ability to extract and manage to data utilizing software technology such as Excel and pivot tables. Knowledge base of service community, agencies and providers who work with youth with mental health needs. Excellent customer service skills in interactions with community and within the organization.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative officer, asso, chief operations officer, facilities, front desk, front office, food, operational assistant, operations director