Limited Secure Placement is part of a groundbreaking initiative to provide services and supports for juvenile justice involved youth in residential placement facilities closer to their families, communities and schools.The main responsibility will be to oversee medical and mental health care for youth in foster care.Other duties include but, are not limited to the following:
- Medication administration, with renewal and follow up responsibilities.
- Provide medical oversight, insuring all needed follow up care is provided.
- Maintaining Immunization records, referrals, labs and follow ups for individuals supported.
- Tracking, updating, auditing and filing all documentation and follow-ups regarding person served.
- Communicate with ACS and medical providers - contracted medical, dental and psychiatry providers - on diagnoses, treatment plans and provided services to ensure integrated care for placed youth.
- Act as a single source of coordinated and integrated care.
- Ensure compliance with ACS and agency Quality Assurance standards.
- Staff education and workshops as needed.
- Working closely with staff and person served to ensure medical well-being of all individuals supported within a safe and clean environment
- Ensuring effective medical care, proper documentation, and reporting of all administration of medication to individual supported
- Calculating, monitoring, and analyzing reports regarding medication administration and lab results
- Providing immediate reports to managers of any discrepancies found in routine care and medical records.
- Conduct medical chart audits with recommendations and implementations.
- Address calls as part of backup system for off hours concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
RN (current and active NYS licensure)
Experienced in medication administration, first aid and triage, medical review
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Able to encourage positive attitude toward consumer s capabilities and limitations
Associated topics: care unit, coronary, domiciliary, intensive, maternal, nurse clinical, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse, transitional