Case Worker / Investigator - Adult Protective Services
Compensation: $75,040.00 - $132,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
(Candidate must reside in Chester County)
Bright, talented and highly-organized professionals who are interested in serving and protecting people who have physical, mental and intellectual disabilities are encouraged to consider an outstanding career opportunity with Liberty Healthcare.
Liberty Healthcare is currently accepting applications for a full-time "Adult Protective Services Investigator" position.
This position will support a statewide adult protective services program and the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for investigating allegations of abuse, exploitation, abandonment and/or neglect of vulnerable adults - under Pennsylvania's Adult Protective Service Act (Act 70 of 2010).
This is a field-based position which requires significant travel throughout the region.
Specific duties associated with this position include:
* Conducting thorough investigations of allegations of abuse, exploitation, abandonment and/or neglect for adults between the ages of 18 and 59 who have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
* Conducting investigations in residences, personal care homes, long-term care facilities and nursing homes. Requesting and reviewing medical records, collaborating with medical personnel regarding physical and mental capabilities of alleged victims, arranging for evaluations of capacity and securing financial records in cases of financial exploitation.
* Developing care plans to eliminate or reduce risks of abuse, neglect, exploitation and/or abandonment and to meet persons' on-going medical and/or financial needs. This requires a thorough knowledge of area programs, community services and placement options as well as potential coordination with law enforcement, supports coordinators, attorneys, and/or case managers. Care plans must be developed that employ the least restrictive alternative and most integrated setting that will effectively reduce identified risks. In cases where an incapacitated adult is at risk, a petition for emergency intervention, involuntary mental health commitment or guardianship may be necessary. This will require knowledge of guardianship procedures, effective testimony at hearings and subsequent management of cases until risks have been reduced. All substantiated cases with care plans to reduce risk must be documented in case records according to guidelines and time frames.
* Documenting findings in an electronic database (knowledge of SAMS, HCSIS, or eCIS is a plus) and use of standardized assessments, activity/journal notes and related entries within specified time frames. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times and respect of the rights of all parties is essential.
* Responding both orally and in writing to allegations of abuse, neglect, exploitation and abandonment.
* Being "on call" for after-hours telephone consultation on a shared / rotational basis with other Investigators.
* Conducting consultations on cases, assignments and specific contingencies with regional team leader. Attending meetings to routinely discuss protective service cases, workload, work performance and concerns.
The starting salary for this position is $40,000. Work-related mileage and toll expenses are reimbursed.
Well-qualified candidates for this Investigator position will possess the following:
* Bachelor's Degree in a Social Services related field
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to successfully meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word - and ability to use database software programs
* Solid organizational and time management skills
* Possession of an insured vehicle in good working order and willingness to travel throughout the region
The following are helpful but not required:
* Ability to speak Spanish
* Knowledge of Social Assistance Management Systems (SAMS)
* Knowledge of Home and Community Service Information Systems (HCSIS)
* Knowledge of Electronic Client Information System (e-CIS)
You are encouraged to apply for this position if you have prior experience in any of the following areas:
* Service Coordinator or Supports Coordinator in the disability field
* Law enforcement professional experience (police officer, detective, etc.)
* Case management or protective service for vulnerable populations (Children & Youth Services, Older Adult Protective Services, etc.)
Liberty Healthcare provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout the United States. We serve people in their homes and communities as well as in hospitals and specialized treatment settings. We help people who have physical and mental illnesses get better. We serve people who have disabilities - ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for and live as independently as possible.
Liberty Healthcare Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans and people who have disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Click here to visit Liberty Healthcare online
Click here to learn more about Pennsylvania's adult protective services program and ACT 70
If you're looking for a challenging career opportunity, where you can make a real difference, we're looking for you!
We're Liberty . . . and we give you the freedom to succeed!
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...