SUBSTITUTE LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR $11.55 PER HOUR
Functional skills in reading and writing, and comprehension. Ability to apply common sense, fair and sound judgment when coping with chaotic or conflict situations. Ability to deal with student issues or behaviors and respond appropriately. Prior experience working with children or youth and first aid training is desirable. Physically able to perform duties assigned in an effective manner and at a sufficient speed. Sufficient physical mobility and agility to respond to situations involving student safety or behavior, which may include running after a student or to a student during outside activities.
Scope of Responsibilities
A lunch monitor in the Nashua School District provides support and assistance to students during lunchtime and recess times. Lunch monitors may be required to use a variety of indoor or outdoor games and activities with effective strategies to provide quality support to students. Lunch Monitors are responsible for monitoring student behavior during lunch and recess, following school rules or plan for response to behavior. Lunch monitors are actively on duty during school lunch time; there is no lunch break.
1. Manages students during meal service and recess, following procedures and protocol established by the building Principal, including responding appropriately to student behavior, for the individual school site.
2. Circulate throughout the cafeteria to assist students who need assistance with their meals and encouraging good table manners. Assist students getting ready for outside play and or activities, and getting ready for lunch.
3. Assist with the cleanliness of the cafeteria and assist cafeteria personnel as determined by the Principal. Ensures that students practice proper cleanliness and safety in the cafeteria and on the playground.
4. Respond to student injuries in a prompt and effective manner, notifies school nurse and/or office and follows the established protocol for the school. Respond promptly and appropriately to student initiated interactions or when student safety is of concern.
5. Maintain a safe and orderly environment for students. Dismisses and lines up students/classes in an orderly manner at the scheduled time.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
This notice should not be construed to imply that this is the exclusive list of job functions associated with this position._
Applicants should apply on our website at www.nashua.edu.
The Nashua Board of Education reaffirms its position of compliance with applicable State and Federal laws of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information and age in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in the services, programs and activities of the Nashua School District.
Associated topics: chief, chief academic officer, director, elementary vice principal, executive management, high school superintendent, manage, principal, student, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.