Giants Baseball Camps-EMT/Nurse Internship
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Giants Baseball Camps is now hiring for an EMT/Nurse Intern
This is an excellent leadership opportunity for someone interested in the education, sports, and healthcare space.
We enrich the lives of children through exceptional youth summer camp programming that cultivates a positive community. Our summer baseball camps are the fun, safe, and engaging environments where we set the baseball hook and teach baseball's valuable life lessons.
Reporting directly to the Giants Baseball Camp Site Director, the EMT/Nurse Intern ensures the safety, administrative organization, and camp family satisfaction of the Giants Baseball Camp program. As a member of the leadership team, you will serve as the primary resource for camper first-aid. You will also work with headquarters and the Site Director to facilitate all the administrative and organizational aspects of each camp session to ensure an overall positive customer experience for each camp family and the safety of each camper and staff member.
We are looking for an EMT/Nurse Intern who:
- Is a self-starter and thrives off of organization and attention to detail
- Is comfortable providing immediate attention to first-aid needs and escalating any situation to professional emergency services, if needed
- Is acutely aware of both physical and emotional safety, coupled with the ability to problem-solve in real time
- Is prepared to work with and provide support to the Site Director on-site
- Is an excellent communicator
EMT/Nurse Intern Core Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe camp environment for all staff, campers, and parents
- Administer first-aid properly as needed to campers and staff
- Manage medications for campers with life-threatening allergies and other medical needs (ex. EpiPens) and ensure that each camp coach is aware of their campers who require extra attention
- Communicate to parents and headquarters regarding injuries, illnesses, and incidents that occur at camp
- Maintain detailed health records of campers
- Work proactively with all camp staff to ensure that a preemptive approach is taken, in order to minimize injury and risk
- Work with coaches and other staff members to help resolve camper conflicts and to create a positive and friendly environment for everyone involved with the camp
- Assist with the production and organization of essential camp reports including attendance, employee timekeeping, and customer service-related records
Qualifications for the EMT/Nurse Intern position, the ideal candidate must:
- Make a ten-week commitment Monday-Friday for approximately nine hours per day
- Be CPR/AED and First-Aid certified
- Be interested in gaining unique experience in the healthcare field
- Be able to pass a comprehensive background screening
- Be prepared to travel to all of our sites throughout the Bay Area with reliable transportation of your own
- Be able to attend the all-staff training on Saturday June 6, 2020 and other pre-summer trainings
Highlights as a Summer Camp EMT/Nurse Intern:
- Build valuable leadership experience representing a global brand
- Host ballpark visits once per week with current and former Giants players
- Join an incredible team of like-minded, passionate people
Giants Baseball Camps operates in San Francisco, Millbrae, Redwood City, San Mateo, Palo Alto, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, San Jose, Danville, Larkspur, Napa, and Sacramento! For the full list of camp dates and locations, please visit sfgiantscamps.com
If you're ready for an amazing summer opportunity, apply now!
Loading some great jobs for you...