The Master’s Level Therapist works as a staff member of the Behavioral Health Counseling Clinic. The Master’s Level BHT shall provide individual, family and group counseling services to clients and their families according to the needs documented in their assessment and treatment plan. This position reports to the Clinical Director or other designated supervisor within the clinic.
1. Provides quality individual, family and group therapy as indicated by client and program needs.
2. Documents all behavioral health services and contacts within 24 hours of provision of service.
3. Can assess and diagnose behavioral health issues.
4. Promotes resiliency and recovery with clients.
5. Maintains clients’ clinical files according to contract and licensing requirements.
6. Provides crisis intervention as needed. Ensures documentation is completed.
7. Transports clients for therapeutic services when needed.
8. Prepares monthly progress notes, staffing reports, plans and discharge summaries.
9. Provides an average of 30 hours of billable sessions per week.
10. Treats others with respect, confronts negative behavior and supports confrontations.
11. Completes required reports and documentation in a timely manner, provides management with required reports and advises of any problematic situations.
12. Complies with and implements the Rite of Passage and Rite Path Policies and Procedures as detailed in the appropriate manuals/handbooks.
13. Ensures the highest standards are maintained to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct and to ensure the program remains in compliance with agency licensing and Rite of Passage and Rite Path policies and procedures.
14. Assists with the correction of deficiencies and quality improvement efforts.
15. Attends and participates in all required meetings.
16. Commits to attending all training and staff development classes in order to ensure sufficient hours of training on an annual basis. Notifies supervisor if annual training hours are deficient.
17. Participates in Clinical Supervision no less than 4 hours per month.
18. Facilitates staffing, Child and Family Teams, Multi-Disciplinary and Adult Recover Team meetings as needed.
19. Other duties as assigned, verbally or in written form to meet the needs of the program.
1. Participates in Site, Region and/or Company events as required.
Must possess Current State licensure - LCSW, LMFT or LPC along with CACIII preferred.
1. Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or Marriage and Family.
2. At least one-year experience in delivering behavioral health services.
3. At least one year of experience working with children, teens and family in a behavioral health counseling setting.
4. Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check and obtain Arizona Fingerprint clearance card. Submit to
5. ROP policies of drug screening, physical and TB test.
6. Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
7. Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence (in English).
8. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions (in English).
9. Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing (in English).
10. Ability to remain alert, observant, and physically able to respond appropriately to work situations or emergencies.
11. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
12. Regular attendance is essential.
13. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves and others.
14. Ability to accept and adapt to changes in assignments, methods, environments, and policies.
15. Position requires working with juveniles who may have committed dangerous aggressive acts. Must possess a high tolerance for working in an emotionally demanding stressful work environment.
16. If required to operate a company vehicle during the course of employment, must meet the requirements to be an eligible ROP driver. Must possess a current State Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years.
17. Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.
18. Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
19. Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
20. Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with the possibility of a varied schedule.
21. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
22. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
23. Ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
24. Ability to provide exemplary customer service to all employees and outside constituents.
25. Ability to function independently and as a member of a team in a multi-task environment.
26. Ability to be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
27. Proficient in the use of computers and associated software.
Rite of Passage is a leading national provider of programs and opportunities for troubled and at-risk youth from social services, welfare agencies and juvenile courts. For 35 years, we have developed and operated a continuum of programs based on the needs of youth and our placing agencies. With an emphasis on evidence-based practices and positive skill development, combined with our supportive and therapeutic approach, our organization is respected by industry experts as a highly effective solution for our youth. Since 1984, over 25,000 youths have entered and completed our programs. Rite of Passage has built its reputation on running life-changing educational treatment programs that positively contribute to the community.
Our employees are dedicated, passionate individuals that are committed to inspiring positive change in the lives of youth. Becoming a member of the Rite of Passage team is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to create a meaningful career with a company driven by its powerful mission to make a difference.
1 year: Behavioral Health Services
1 year: At risk youth
Licenses & Certifications
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...