Well-established, growing, innovative Non-Profit Organization seeks a Foster Care Specialist to work with at-risk children and host families in the Elizabethtown, NY area. This is a stable, well-funded organization that is a leader in their niche with a rich and extensive history of supporting underserved children. Using a therapeutic model of care, they work with children and families to overcome their past traumas so they can live safely and take control of their lives. The Foster Care Specialist is responsible for coordinating a comprehensive case management plan for youth and families to ensure the safety, permanency and well-being of youth in foster care.
Note: Foster Care experience not required.
This organization seeks an emotionally intelligent, empathetic, people-oriented person to act as a bridge between youth and family and foster care treatment teams through telephone, face-to-face contacts, family conferences, and comprehensive treatment reviews.
Position Description (Brief Overview)
* Engages youth and family by developing effective and caring relationship
* Ensures children are maintained in safe, secure environments
* Develops a strong understanding of the journey of trauma and unique needs of foster child
* Conducts assessment of family strengths and needs
* Assesses problem areas, utilize treatment modalities and resources to effect growth, positive change
* Participates in development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive treatment
* Develops alternative placement/permanency resources for youth that may not return to their families
* Ensures compliance with confidentiality standards, parental consent
* Assists with reunification of youth with family, community, school
Qualifications/Requirements (Brief Overview)
* Passionate and enthusiastic about helping people
* Strong problem solving skills
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services or a related field
* Minimum 1 year experience working w/youths, ideally in social services-related/transferrable setting
* Can work flexible schedule w/variable hours incl day, evening, weekend, holiday, some on call hours
* Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population
* Ability to handle crisis intervention in solution-focused manner
* Technologically savvy (can use computers and tablets without extensive training)
* Experience with working with kids with childhood trauma a plus
* Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
* Industry: Non-Profit, Foster Care
* Focus: Acts as a bridge between youth and family and foster care treatment teams
* Geography: The main focus is the Elizabethtown area, candidate should reside in the Elizabethtown and vicinity area
* Compensation Model: $36,000 annually
* Car Allowance: Yes, mileage plan, pays per mile traveled
* Position comes with company cell phone and tablet
* Fulltime W2 position includes extensive benefits, including medical/prescription, tuition assistance, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution and match
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...