REGIONAL ACCREDITATION OFFICER
East/Central Oklahoma Region
Under direction, coordinates and audits State Department of Education (SDE) oversight activities including state programs, compensatory education programs, the determination of average daily attendance and class size and other assigned audits in various areas of the state. Conducts quality assessment activities/assurance activities; oversees and participates in risk assessment activities. In the absence of the Executive Director, supervises the Office of Accreditation and Compliance. Performs related work as required and/or assigned.
* Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree in education [official transcript(s) required];
* Possession of a valid Oklahoma principal's/superintendent's certificate, or a doctorate in education, education administration or education leadership; and
* Three years' experience as a principal, superintendent, or in the administration of educational programs.
* Considerable knowledge of state and federal school laws, rules and regulations, as they pertain to instructional programs, state aid programs, attendance accounting, and education of deprived and disadvantaged youth;
* Knowledge of technology and ability to use it to maximize efficiency and services;
* Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory and effective relationships with employees, school officials, and the general public; to express facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to engage in several projects simultaneously;
* Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel;
* Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
* Audit district attendance registers; establish legal average daily attendance and average daily membership for school district and state aid calculation purposes; audit 'basis of entry' for under-age, over-age, non-resident and non-transferred pupils; cooperate with the auditing section in accrediting of Oklahoma public schools; and monitor statutory requirements including class size;
* Serve on auxiliary Regional Accreditation Officer teams to assist Accreditation and School Finance Divisions in monitoring, assisting and assuring public school compliance with established SDE policies and procedures and state law including accreditation/state aid reporting time lines;
* Review the total instructional program and school plant; and recommend methods, materials, teaching media, and curricula for school improvement;
* Review transcripts and certificates in regard to assignment of teaching and administrative personnel;
* Prepare a comprehensive report for the school principals, superintendents, and the local school boards concerning accreditation by the State Board of Education and the North Central Association;
* Assume responsibility for monitoring and accrediting all alternative education programs in the state;
* Serve as speaker at teachers' meetings; attend various staff meetings and in service training programs;
* Be prepared at all times to interpret and explain federal and state laws as well as State Board of Education regulations which relate to school accreditation.
Home office setting. Home office supplies will be provided.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O
Reach Over Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
Daily travel to school districts within the assigned service region. Some overnight travel may be necessary. State car will be provided.
ANNUAL SALARY: $61,250.00
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Associated topics: college, faculty, gs 1720, lecturer, paraeducator, professor, school superintendent, student, teach, teacher