Youth Counselor (Bilingual)
Compensation: $51,130.00 - $79,090.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Social Services/Counseling
Position Overview: The Youth Specialist is responsible provides emergency counseling, initial case management, and day to day supervision and monitoring of UAC sent to the Unidos Por Un Sueno (US) Program. Specialist must be able to communicate proficiently.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; some college education preferred.
- 1 year child welfare experience required
- NYS Driver's License Required.
- A genuine respect for and interest in children and their families of diverse racial and ethnic identity; an ability to form a therapeutic relationship with children and their families.
- Ability to put into practice all techniques of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (as taught in pre-employment training) and demonstrated respect for client's rights and safety.
- Ability to demonstrate counseling techniques
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish.
Loading some great jobs for you...