The SCfK Swim Instructor's primary responsibility is to provide a safe and fun experience in the pool. Additional responsibilities include being knowledgeable about SCfK offerings and being able to respond to member inquiries.
The SCfK Swim Instructor role achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Models the core attributes of a successful employee with the utmost integrity, lives the mission and empowers others to do the same; focused on building meaningful relationships with members, their kids and team members.
* Modeling and promoting the Clubhouse Rules. * Adhering to all TSI policies and procedures including, but not limited to timeliness, codes of conduct, dress and timekeeping. * Lead by example maintaining a positive attitude and fun atmosphere while overseeing assigned group.
Build a High Performing Team
Actively facilitates self and team member development; constantly seeking new ways to build skills and competency; elevates the brand experience.
* Guaranteeing participants safety at all times and providing first aid when necessary, being constantly aware of children's medical conditions and food allergies. * Conducting swim lessons that are fun, safe and educational. * Assist with set-up and clean-up of equipment in and around the pool. * Assist with pool maintenance as required. * Direct supervision of children in the pool. * Communicating pertinent participant/parental issues to appropriate parties. * Staying informed of program offerings, session dates, pricing and make-up policy. * Cooperating as a team with your fellow co-workers to adhere to schedules and assigned work stations. * Taking attendance regularly at the start of every class. * Responding to member inquiries in a timely manner.
Achieve Measurable Results
Meets and exceeds company goals and metrics surrounding employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
* Motivating children to participate in age appropriate activities. * Building rapport with participant's parents to encourage a long term relationship and participation in other programs. * Proudly supporting the training of new SCFK swim instructors.
Required Skills and Experience
* AED-CPR certified. * Prior experience working with children. * Prior experience delivering swim instruction. * Florida Applicants Only: * All Florida applicants applying to a role working with children must complete a background screening during the application process through DCF.
* Massachusetts Applicants Only: * All Massachusetts applicants applying to a role working with children must complete a CORI/SORI background check during the application process.
* Philadelphia Applicants Only: * All Philadelphia applicants applying to a role working with children must complete an additional background clearance.
Associated topics: coach, grade school, high school, kid, middle school, pre collegiate, primary school, private school, school, youth
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.