Human Resources Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Human Resources Specialist (ENLISTMENT IN UNITED STATES ARMY)
THIS JOB HAS WORLDWIDE LOCATIONS
A human resources specialist is responsible for providing support that affects Soldiers’ overall welfare and well-being while assisting leaders with keeping Soldiers combat-ready and effective.
- Assist on all human resource support matters
- Oversight of all strength management and strength distribution actions
- Responsible for the readiness, health and welfare of all Soldiers.
- Postal and personnel accountability support
- Maintain emergency notification data
To enlist in the Army/Army Reserve you must be:
- Between the ages of 17-35.
- U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Clerical (CL): 90 on the ASVAB.
- General Technical (GT): 100 on the ASVAB.
- Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for human resources specialist begins with 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions on human resource systems. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field. Additional training opportunities will be available based on the type of unit you are assigned to, including (but not limited to) postal operations, airborne or air assault school.
- Aptitude for English and business administration.
- Able to follow detailed orders.
- Sound people skills.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs:
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand
to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
Future Civilian Careers:
Companies need experienced human resources professionals with knowledge of human relations, payroll, records keeping and other facets of employment. The skills acquired in the Army will be invaluable in continuing a human resources career after your Army service is complete
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program:
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- OFFICE DEPOT, INC.
- SEARS HOLDING CORP.
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- THE PEP BOYS.
- Zions Bank.
Loading some great jobs for you...