Motor Transport Operator
Employment Type: Full-Time
MOTOR TRANSPORT OPERATOR (ENLISTMENT IN UNITED STATES ARMY)
THIS JOB HAS WORLDWIDE LOCATIONS
Motor transport operators are primarily responsible for supervising or operating wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo. They are the backbone of the Army’s support and sustainment structure, providing advanced mobility on and off the battlefield.
- Operate all-wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways
- Manage load, unload, and safety of personnel being transported
- Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers
- Employ convoy defense techniques
- Identify, correct or report all vehicle deficiencies
- Prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by air, rail or vessel
To enlist in the Army/ Army Reserve you must be:
- Between the ages of 17–35 (must ship to basic training prior to 35th birthday).
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Operators & Food (OF): 85
- Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a motor transport operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in simulation — yet over 200 training hours are spent in actual vehicles and field training environments.
- Experience in driver education
- Interest in driving and mechanics
- Required ASVAB Score(s)
- Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs:
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand
to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits
Future Civilian Careers:
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with trucking, moving or bus companies, or with businesses that have their own delivery fleets. You’ll be able to consider a future as a tractor-trailer truck, tank truck and heavy truck or bus driver.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program:
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Rush Enterprises
- Ruan Transportation Mgt. Sys. Inc.
- D. M. Bowman, Inc.
- Liquid Transport Corp
- Transport Corporation of America, Inc.
- Sentinel Transportation, LLC
- Nationwide Truck Brokers, Inc.
- J. B. Hunt Transportation, Inc.
- Total Quality Logistics, LLC
- TMC Transportation, Inc.
Loading some great jobs for you...