1. Works closely with site director to plan and implement lesson plans.
2. Interacts with youth daily.
3. Develops positive relationships with children and parents.
4. Encourages member involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
5. Assists site director in maintaining all pertinent site records, files and other required administrative procedures.
6. Preserves quality condition of all supplies, equipment, materials and cleanliness of site.
7. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures including emergency procedures.
8. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
9. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
10. Incorporates the mission, philosophy and 4 core values of the YMCA in all communication with participants and co-workers.
18 years of age or older
Current state approved first-aid certification
Current CPR certification
Fingerprint and negative TB clearance
Documentation of high school diploma or equivalency
Minimum of 6 months qualifying experience
Possess knowledge and desire to work with children.
Possess mature judgment and sound decision-making.
Ability to communicate effectively with members, peers, and supervisor.
Ability to effectively communicate information on YMCA Child Care Programs.
Must be observant, safety conscious and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency.
Associated topics: after school, aquatics, branch, camp, day camp, fws, host, instructor, program, resident