Corinth Group Fitness Instructor 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
A Group Fitness Instructor leads group fitness classes that range in variety and participant levels, including counting, cueing, and choreography, pre-planning and structuring workouts. Promotes knowledge of proper fitness components including warm-up, aerobic exercise, resistance, flexibility and cool down. He or she creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides a safe environment for participants; ensuring participant are properly using fitness equipment with correct form, function and safety.
- Demonstrates correct stances, posture, alignment and technique.
- Shows safe, effective ranges of motion, and exercise control.
- Demonstrates strength and endurance while maintaining role-model form throughout.
- Effectively communicates the introduction to each fitness set, set-up and technique; coaches demonstrate how to improve movement.
- Effectively energize, strive, and motivate program participants.
- Ensures that class studio space is clean and organized before and after each class, and that all class materials are organized and stored properly.
- Assists Health and Wellness Director with administrative tasks that include keeping accurate records of participants in each class, and finding replacements or substitute instructors when not able to teach a scheduled class.
- Conveys information on wellness programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members to other programs.
- Follows all YMCA rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Know and review all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, completes related reports as required.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of the YMCA and our three areas of focus: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Ability to articulate and model the YMCAs four core values, including: caring, honest, respect, and responsibility.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- All other duties assigned by the Health and Wellness Director.
- Minimum age of at least eighteen (18) years old.
- 2+ group fitness certification/ licenses.
- 2+ years group fitness instruction experience.
- Current CPR PRO & First Aid Certification.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work is primarily performed indoors and may require any one or more of the following physical activities: must have the ability to remain standing and moving for extended periods of time, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, standing, walking, running, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and/or visual acuity.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Associated topics: athletic director, athletic trainer, director of athletics, fitness director, fitness instructor, wellness director, wellness instructor
Loading some great jobs for you...