Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director and in accordance with the mission, character development and values of the YMCA, the Swim Coach is responsible and accountable for planning, conducting, and evaluating high quality swim team practices and meets. The Swim Coach is also responsible for informing and serving YMCA members and volunteers in a premier fashion. He or she is expected to emphasize member service, character development, the mission statement and to work with membership retention and promotion.Qualifications
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Minimum one year teaching experience.
- American Safety and Health Institute certifications:
- Current First Aid.
- Current CPRPro (includes AED).
- Current Emergency Oxygen.
- Must be able to relate and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Must support the mission of the YMCA of Greater Kansas City and promote the character development values Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Develop a schedule of practices and swim meets for the season and inform swimmers and parents of any schedule changes.
- Position may involve weekend or extended hours and travel to offsite events
- Maintain team roster and ensure tracking, follow-up of program participants.
- Responsible for staying current with the center announcements and information.
- Must maintain safety by following YMCA and national certification guidelines.
- Know and understand the pool area for safety reasons along with emergency procedures of the building.
- Responsible for injury/accident reporting procedures.
- Must notify appropriate staff of any unsafe conditions, needed repairs, complaints, accidents, or injuries immediately.
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers for all swim meets and other swim team programs.
- Current knowledge of all areas of training and certifications as well as YMCA of Greater Kansas City employee handbook.
- Attend community functions and events to promote the YMCA, its mission and programs.
- Maintain a safe and clean, well organized pool office and area.
- Assist in the ideas for retention and sale initiatives for all Aquatics programs and members.
- Assist supervisor with ideas in the marketing for the Aquatics Department.
Associated topics: academy, coach, college, collegiate, institute, university, varsity