Loading some great jobs for you...
Youth Research, Inc (YRI) assists the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and its’ state and local partners in developing, administering, and delivering training and learning opportunities and related activities and opportunities for the full range of services for which OCFS is responsible, such as child welfare, juvenile justice, childcare, adoption and foster care, youth development, and child and adult protective services.
The Personnel Administrator (PA) reports to the CFO and partners with the senior management team to manage all facets of YRI’s human resources department. The PA supervises employee services such as employee benefits, health and safety, and employee recognition to build and maintain a workforce that is effective in accomplishing YRI’s mission. In addition, he or she will work with senior management to develop a staff performance evaluation and reward program as well as a staff development plan. Assist in the development of an employee-oriented organizational culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, team-work and high performance.
• Work with the CFO to select and supervise Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinate company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
• Manage compensation and benefits administration.
• Establish and oversee performance management and improvement systems. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
• Actively recruit and hire talented staff.
• Facilitate employee orientation, development, and training.
• Handle employee relations. Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
• Conduct a continuing review of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
• Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
• Formulate and recommend Human Resources policies and objectives for the organization with regard to employee relations.
• Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
• Lead the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitor the tracking of OSHA-required data.
• Review employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
• Lead the development of benefit orientations and other benefits training.
• Recommend changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
• Direct the preparation of information requested or required for audits and compliance with laws. Approve all information submitted.
• Protect the interests of employees and the organization in accordance with YRI Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
• Five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
• Above average oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members.
• Excellent computer skills. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
A valid NYS Driver’s license is required.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. YRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. YRI is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity. It is the policy of YRI to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the position for which they are applying or for which they are employed. YRI does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under title I of the ADA.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...